Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Buying toys for children in Cairo/Japan (Dean) Craigslist SCAM?

I have mentioned before that I have my resume posted on Craigslist in hopes I can find a full time job in my local area.  As usual I received an email asking if I was still looking for work and I responded "Yes".   I received this email early Sunday morning.

Good to hear from you, Here is more information about the assignment,We are looking for a reliable and honest person to facilitate purchase of Games,Toys,teddy bears etc for little children and homeless child that were affected by the recent crisis tsunami,Japan, Cairo . The United state government has appointed some staff officials from the parliament to different countries affected by the crisis and I happened to be the  one of the designated delegate to Cairo...

Your primary Objective is to facilitate purchase of Games, Toys for little children that are suffering for help and mother care.This assignment is to encourage and foster help to Orphans and poor people across country and you don't have to be worried about your experience.
This Position is a weekly payment and long tenure but depends on your swift response and eligibility.Its a Flexible hour job and you are not to put any money from your pocket...You will be receiving a Money Order for the purchase of these items....Your pay is $250 on every assignment/task completed. Once the Items purchased. I will get you our UPS OR FEDEX Account to ship it to Charity homes.

If you do the first task well in good harmony I will not hesitate to permanent this position for you... Mostly, I need your transparency. So if you are interested in this job...  get back with these following information to where the Money Order/cashier check  will be send to like these below,

Give correct details to the following personal details;

Full Name :
Address (P O BOX not allowed):{Apartment number or Flat number}
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Sex:
Age:
Nationality.
Cell Phone Number.
Residential Phone Number:
Present Job:

Your information will be confidentially keep in our database.

Kind Regards...


I responded with little information as usual as it clearly states you are paid through a money order (which obviously is safer than a check).  I received this email next.


Hello

Congratulations your on the new job.This is a legitimate personal assistant Job am offering you and I hope to have your 100% loyalty and co-operation. Your quick response to mails and effectiveness will be required. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week is to run some errands out to some of the Foster Homes, I do that every month. A payment inform of a Certified Company Check will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some lists to email you once you received the funds, You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the Foster Homes at any nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get back to you with the tracking number of the check payment once mailed to you.

Please Re-confirm the Name
and Address below in order to avoid any loss or misplacement of check payment........................

Again I responded stating that I do not feel comfortable cashing a personal or business check from an unknown source and asked if this job can still be paid through a money order as with this economy there are many scams.  I have not gotten a response back.  As usual, please be careful and cautious.  Have a wonderful day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment