Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Melinda McCarthy mirandafuv@gmail.com personal assistant craigslist SCAM!


Please do not trust anyone who asks you to cash checks and wire them back money.  Please be cautious.  Good luck to everyone and I hope we find what we are looking for.

Melinda McCarthy mirandafuv@gmail.com

Hello,


I got your application resume. I'm looking for someone that can be
trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as my
Personal Assistant. This position I am offering is home-based job
and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and
following them, my only fear is that I May come at you impromptu
sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my
irregular timings. As my personal assistant, your activities amongst
other things will include;


Duties and Requirements:

*Scheduling programmer's, flights and keeping me up-to-date with them.

*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.

*Processing weekly check payment.

*Filing, Faxing, Creating and sending out letters, scanning documents,
some personal assistant duties for owners, and many other

*Managing expenses and invoices


Basic wage is $685 Weekly.


I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this
point. Please note that this position is not office based for now
because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time
work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be
busier weeks than others. I would like to give you an immediate trial,
so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been
checking my files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run
some errands for me this week/next week, while I am away. I will have
some funds sent to you to complete the errands and would get back to
you with more information on that, get back to me with your
Personal/Contact Details such as:




FULL NAMES:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP CODE:

HOME PHONE #:

MOBILE PHONE#:

SEX:

EMAIL ADDRESS:

PRESENT JOB:

Nationality:

Current Job:


Are you eligible to work in the United States? Yes ____ No_____

If you are under age 18, do you have an employment/age certificate?
Yes ___ No ___

How often do you check your email: ______________

Days/Hours Available: Hours Available: from _______ to ______

What date are you available to start work? ________________

If you're interested you can e-mail me back for more information about the job.


Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.


Yours Sincerely,
Melinda.

14 comments:

  1. Fuckin wow... I'm looking for a job and I replied to this "Receptionist $17/hr" Craigslist ad in Birmingham. Replied with my info, although thankfully it's not enough for them to do anything with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear they tried to scam you but good to know they didn't get to far. I agree this is not right. It's hard enough trying to find a well paying job but now we have to be cautious of scammers. Good luck to you and thank you for your comment and for reading this blog.

      Delete
  2. so what happens if i try to cash the check she sent? not that i will i'm just rather curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the bank does not catch that this is a fake check, typically they will credit your account with the check amount. The scammer will then intimidate you to wire the "money" back to them immediately. If you do this when the check is found to be fake, they will deduct the amount from you account and in some cases they notify the police for fraudulent activity. You will not only be out of the money you wired them, you will have to explain yourself to the local authority.

      The first time this happened to me the bank caught the check before crediting my account. I bank with a credit union so they usually keep checks over 1500.00 for seven days before crediting your account. I was called back into the bank as I deposited it through the ATM machine and refused to wire any money to them until my account was credited. The bank gave me back the check and I took the check to the police. I haven't received an update yet however, I know now to ask the bank if any check I receive is real or not.

      Please be careful and check with your bank before depositing unknown checks. I would not trust this person, this is a scam for sure. I have many more scams in the archive if your interested. Thank you for reading this blog and for leaving a comment. Good luck to you.

      Delete
  3. This happened to someone I know. Also look out for the name Trisha Scott who uses the email address "dophiacgv@gmail.com". And stay away from sudiejose748@gmail.com (Jose Sudie).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for visiting this blog. Also, thank you for the heads up on "Trisha" and "Jose"- have a great day.

      Delete
  4. I got the same email under the name of Trisha Scott. meganaag@gmail.com

    I applied to a nursing job and received the email that the position was full but she needed a personal assistant. I was sent the exact email that you posted. Then my next email says she has sent a check to my house and I will receive further information. Thank you for your information on the scam before I could have gotten myself in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you know. I almost fell for the same thing. I responded with my information and she said she sent a 2750 check to my house and I'm supposed to deposit, send proof. Take out my 600$ and wire the money back to someone for an orphanage. Ha! Luckily I researched before I tried it! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,

      I'm glad you found this blog as well. Good luck to you.

      Delete
  6. this person is still at it. I sent a request for more information on a job on CL and this is the exact reply I received, from Trisha Scott using the email meganaag@gmail.com. I'm glad that I googled the name. I emailed them back with a "no thank you", and included several links to their exact scam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading this blog and leaving a comment. Good luck to you.

      Delete
  7. What people get away with these days is ridiculous! I got the same email after applying for a billing/ar position but the emailfrom Trisha Scott came from triscott3@gmail.com. Thanks for blogging so peole know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you for the update with the email.

      Delete