Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Publish America Class Action lawsuit-

I have been trying to spread the word that there is a class action lawsuit against PA.  I received an email yesterday from the lawyer where I asked when we will know if the courts approve the class action lawsuit and he said, "It takes up to a year before we will know anything."  This is really disappointing.

For those who don't really know what Publish America is, I will re-iterate what PA is.  If you google PA scams, so many awful stories of people's writing dreams being smashed to pieces will pop up.  Many of these authors poured thousands of dollars into their book trying to promote them and get the people to just read them.

I never gave PA any money and quite frankly I might have although I don't have money to buy my book in bulk so I never did.  Most of the emails PA sent me regarding a bulk buy of my book required a min. purchase of 20 books.  My book on their website is for 30 bucks.  I am so mad at myself for going through PA and it's been years since I've realized this.  You'd think I'd be over it by now but I'm not.

PA promises to promote, edit, sell and give you 8% in royalties from all the sales but this never happens.  I have yet to read a story by a PA author who was paid and that's what PA prides their self on (We treat our authors the old fashioned way- we pay them).  I use to go on their website daily and leave comments on their forum about how unhappy I was but regardless if they read it or not, they never post/publish them.

There are still many, many people falling into their traps and had I googled "Publish America Scam" I would have never signed with them.  This of course is a new rule of thumb I follow.  If I am interested in a company I will google " Blank scam"  and if there are bad reviews I stay away.

Pa needs to be shut down.  I plan to follow this lawsuit until it finishes and if the lawyers need ANYTHING from me, I will be waiting for them to ask.  I am so over greedy corporate America that I just want to move to the mountains and live off the land.  It is not easy to write a book of any kind.  Try it someday and you'll see it takes months/years to finish a book and then another couple months/years to edit the novel/book.

Publish America should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of us naive authors.  I hope PA pays for every bad thing they have put upon all of their "Authors".  Now, I take my first book I have ever written as a complete joke.  I don't even mention it to people, instead I skip right to my second book.  

3 comments:

  1. Hello Juniper
    I'm working with a young fellow right now, with his book he got published with PA. Unfortunately, the same thing that happened to you, happened to him. I have been looking around the net to find out ways to get out of the contract, but no one tell how they did it. I was wondering if you are out of the contract and how you did it. We want to get away from theses crooks, ASAP.
    Thanks
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jim,

      Sadly I was not able to get out of the contract... they have me for another 2 years. I was told by another author that was able to get out of her contract that all you have to do is insist by email that you want to be removed and are seeking legal action.

      Well, I tried that... and was threatened that if I didn't stop the police would be notified that I am harassing them. I never have been able to talk to the same person twice, it's always someone new. I've continued to try and find a lawyer who can represent me but I have yet to find anyone.

      They indeed are the worst scammers out there... not only do they not edit any of the books they publish they also do not pay their authors... I have not received a dime from them and I've given up hope at this point. I don't understand how there is no lawyer who can represent us with a class action lawsuit.

      This one, if you haven't heard, this class action lawsuit I wrote about here was sadly lost. I've been searching for another one since. Publish America needs to be stopped! They are a bunch of crooks.

      Delete
    2. Jim,

      Please read this link, it states there is another class action lawsuit in the making... http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2013/03/another-class-action-suit-launched.html

      I sincerely hope this one sticks. I am still unclear as to how to join the class action lawsuit.

      Delete