Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Publish America Class action Lawsuit

So for those who haven't heard yet or perhaps have sort of heard about it, PA is being sued.  I am one of these unhappy authors tainted by PA and as a result may never go through another publisher EVER again.  Anyways, I have already told you all my story in a previous post, I do not want this one to be a repeat.

PA "prides" (if that's what you want to call it) themselves on the way they treat their authors by saying "We treat our authors the old fashioned way- we pay them".  They give new authors a once in a lifetime opportunity to publish their work at "no charge" to them, or that's what they say.

Once hooked into the company, they do no editing (I am not kidding- check out my book if you don't believe me), no promoting (they literally target the author and family members ONLY) and they DO NOT PAY YOU (in four years I have received nothing from PA not even the 2 free copies they promise you.

On July 8th, a class action lawsuit was filed against PA in regards to three authors who have asked that it becomes a class action lawsuit.  The grounds they are suing PA on are "false advertisement" as they clearly DO NOT pay their authors or edit anything.  Not to mention the J.K Rowling scam where they claimed they would show her your book for a flat fee (don't worry, I didn't fall for it).

Over the years, I have received thousands of emails stating Sandra Bullock likes my book, Oprah Winfrey wants to make my book the "book of the month", even Steven Spielberg wants to make a movie out of my book.  I was so upset about the errors in my book, I refused to buy even one copy.  Not to mention the price of my book was nearly 30 dollars, Stephen King books aren't even that expensive.

I plan to follow this lawsuit as best as I can.  I hope PA gets what they deserve, a lot of hassle and no satisfaction; exactly what every Author whoever signed with PA got.  Please do not sign with PA.  If you have a book you want to publish use createspace.com or amazonkindle.  Do not give PA any of your money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment