Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Craigslist scam? Alvarez Mccoy

A few months back I posted my resume on craigslist seeing if I could find a virtual job.  I have never gotten a response until this morning (around 3am).  The first email from Mr. Mccoy asked if I was still looking for work?  I responded yes.  Then I received this email:

From: Alvarez Mccoy

Thanks for getting back to me and request to know more about our
company. Experience is not necessary within this position as we are
willing to train the right candidate who is Honest, Trustworthy,
Reliable and able to work hard who will handle the printing of my
Co-Workers Payroll-Check and Dispatching them on payroll list of the
company co-workers and which will be done under the authorization of
the company in which we will be approve you to dispatch the
Payroll-Checks to our client in various destinations through Courier
services like UPS/FedEx and we will take care of the shipping and
handling of the payrolls on Daily Basis.

Your task are:

Printing and Dispatching; so I will like to know if you will be
trustworthy enough to entrust you with our clients vital information,
please I want you to be sure that your salary is $600 bi-weekly for a
start, if you performed very well, we will increase your salary to
$1200 as your performances impress the company after a couple of weeks
you get started so, please get back to me today to know your interest
in the job. You will need the following materials for the payroll
printing .. If you are ready, here are the list of  materials you will
need to start the job.

Materials Needed for Job

1)... Versa Check Business Paper (form 1000) {Sold in Office Max at
the rate of $21}
2}:   VersaInk Nano {Sold in Office Max at the rate of $40}


The materials stated above are less sold in any local store in your
city which are: Office Max or Wal-Mart, also you will be reimbursed
for the money spent on the materials on your first pay day.

So i will want you fill the below employment form to get stated:

1) Full Name: ....................
2) Contact Address ....................
3) CITY: ....................
4) State: ....................
5) Zip code: ....................
8) Current Job: ....................
10) Cell phone Number.................. ...
11)Yahoo Messenger ID....

PAYMENT TERMS

1) Payment Method? ( is it 1099 or Regular Payroll)
2) Can we trust you with our co-workers payroll list?
3) Do you have a good or bad record?

Note: I can best be contacted by email or chat with me online on my
yahoo IM my screen name is {alvmacc0@yahoo.com). I will be expecting
your response soon.

Thanks
I await your response soon..

you can also text me on (614) 427-3531

I'll tell you the reason why I believe this is a scam.
1. Printing checks from your own home is unheard of.
2.  He already has my resume from craigslist why would he need any of the other information from the 1-5,8,10,11 questions.
3.  What happened to 6,7,9?
4.  I responded to his email asking what the companies name was and I received no response.

This tells me this is a scam.  Beware- with the bad economy and low pay these cubical/building jobs give... it's ridiculous. But do not trust anyone who wants you to print checks from your home- deposit checks and then wire them the money.  If it's too good to be true- it is. Note: when I responded to his first email asking if I was still looking for work, it took him seconds to send me this email but I haven't heard one peep since I emailed him asking what company this is.  Beware.

10 comments:

  1. Yes it is. I went through 3 interviews and got the check from them....when I went to Chase to verify the account number, they stated the check was a fraud. I called FTC and Att Gen, but never got any help. The guy even had the balls to tell me that he wanted me to send him the check back. Said I was screwing him around. lol Sure am....screwed him out of his scam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Thank you Becca for confirming my suspicions. I am really glad I didn't waste any more of my time! Sorry he scammed you out of your time but it's good to know that you didn't invest any money. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was contacted also by this number as well today and got very suspicious abt it. Thanks guys for this warning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the same message today and immediately Googled the number which led me here. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, thank you for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  5. Attention: Beneficiary,

    Greetings, we have written to you several times in regards to your compensation fund which have been approved and cleared for payment. An ATM Card with Number: (5120 8156 1062 5647) worth $1.5Million has been accredited to your favor.
    Someone called Ms. Clara George is trying to claim your money as she claims to be your relative of some sort and that is why you are receiving this final notice as confirmation if she is from you.
    Kindly respond to Dr. Timothy Utomi at timothyutomi2@yahoo.co.jp with the following information below if you are ready to receive your compensation fund via an ATM Card and if you did not authorise ther woman to claim it on your behalf.

    1. Your Full Name.
    2. Your Phone Number.
    3. Your Delivery Address {Where you want the card sent to}.
    4. Your Age, Sex and Occupation.
    Regards,

    Andrew Weltzman IV.
    Asst. Director of Information
    SENATE COMPENSATION COMMITTEE, ABUJA NIGERIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information on this SCAM. I have added it to the archive, and thank you for reading this blog.

      Delete
  6. He is still at it...$1000 a month pay. Same scenario otherwise. Thanks for your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for visiting this blog... it's so sad that these scammers are still trying to scam people. Be careful.

      Delete