Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Are you still interested in being a caregiver.. Fred/Wayne Craigslist Scam?

I've been looking for employment for months now and decided 2 months ago I would post my resume on craigslist.  My resume included my name, email address and phone number.  I intentionally left out my address as it's no ones business unless they offer me a job.  Three days ago I received an email that said:

Dear Juniper,


   Are you still interested in being a caregiver?


Fred

I received an additional email 1 hr later with exactly the same message, except it was from a man named Wayne which stated:

Dear Juniper,


   Are you still interested in being a caregiver?


Wayne


I did not see the second email at first and since I am serious about getting some form of income, I responded to Mr. Fred asking him to send the details of the job ( a job scope), pay scale and what not.  I received this email a few minutes later.



Fred williams happyday3671@gmail.com
Jul 18 



to me

Hello, thanks for your response to my job posting on craigslist. I
will be needing the service of a caregiver for my mom, here is little
introduction about myself and my mom.

My name is John, I am 36 years old, divorced and no kids, am a
business man, I own group of company in Europe, UK and America, my
business is in the energy sector, furniture and provision of services,
I am a native of Anchorage, AK. my mom's name is Rita, she is 66 years
old, but she does not look her age, she looks 25, lol. My mother is in
good state of health, she just goes to the hospital regularly for
medical check up, thats all.

She has been living with me here in the UK, we moved to the the UK
about 5 years ago from Chicago, IL. The reason we moved here is
because of my business. I am planning to relocate back to Colorado-
virtual/remote/at home, and am considering Colorado- virtual/remote/at
home, I want her to come down to Colorado- virtual/remote/at home,
before me, because I will have to go to France before coming to
Colorado- virtual/remote/at home, she will be leaving here for
Colorado- virtual/remote/at home, in less than 2 weeks, she will be
residing in a hotel which she will decide on when she gets to
Colorado- virtual/remote/at home, pending the time I join her so we
can then move to my house that I just bought in Bird in Hand, which is
still under renovation.

So this is where your job comes in, I need someone that will be caring
for her pending my arrival, and the person will still continue with
this position even when I arrive, its a permanent position. There is
nothing much to do for her, just be with her for 4 hours daily, this 4
hours is flexible depending on when you can be available, and it does
not have to be direct 4 hours at a go, you can split it to your own
convinience, within this 4 hours of your work, I want you to care for
her like your own mother, ensure she takes her medication at the right
time, and add other profession experience as a caregiver to ensure she
is well taken care of.

I will like you to answer the following questions below so I can hire
you as her caregiver,

1. How long have you been doing caregiver job?
2. Do you have certificate?
3. How would you react to emergency of any type?
4. How old are you?
5. Do you have any other job doing? and if yes, whats your profession?
6. What is your sex?
7. From what time to what time daily do you think you would be able to work?
8. Are you trustworthy and reliable?

Here is the breakdown of your wage, you are to work 4 hours daily, $40
per hour, 5 days in a week, making 800 dollars weekly.

I will also appreciate if you can help to pick her at the airport and
also help search for a good hotel closer to you where she could stay
pending my arrival, I am still making arrangement with her flight
agent to handle her flight, I am talking with a couple of them and
have not yet decided on which of them to use for her flight down to
Colorado- virtual/remote/at home, I will inform you as soon as I
decide on the flight agent to handle her traveling.

Please answer the above listed interview questions in order it has
been listed, I will be needing you for immediate employment, and to
show how serious I am about employing you, I will be making payment
for your first week of work, I will need the following information
below in order to make the payment out to you ASAP:

1. Your name(as it will appear on payment)
2. Your address(p.o box not accepted)
3. Your direct phone number

The required information above is needed for the first payment to be
issued to you, all you will have to do when you get the first payment
is Deduct your wage of 800 dollars, and send the remaining balance to
my mom's flight agent in the States for her flight down to Colorado-
virtual/remote/at home, the reason why you are getting your money as
well as the flight agent's money is because I have not decided on the
flight agent to use and to avoid any delay whatsoever is why am
sending you the agent's money as well so you can just help send it to
the agent once agreement is reached with the agent. I will notify you
of this and send you the agent's details so you can just send the
money to the agent. Once all this is done, then I can forward you her
flight details so you can know the day and time her flight is coming
in, so you can help to pick her at the airport and take her to a hotel
nearest to you for your
convinience.

I will be looking forward to your information requested so payment can
be made out to you soonest by my account payable officer in the
States.
Thank you

I responded to the next email from Wayne asking him to send the job details and... oddly it was identical once again.  So I emailed Fred back with the least amount of information.  Basically I gave him my parent's address and told him I would contact him again once the check arrived.  I plan to take this check to the nearest bank- get it looked at and then proceed from there.  

Again, please be careful who you give your information to.  Do not trust any job, opportunity or lottery that asks you to wire them back money.  Beware of anyone who asks you for the following information- if it's too good to be true, chances are it IS.  Good luck to those who are seeking employment as I am, I hope we all find what we are looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment